POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evaluation : Re: Evaluation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evaluation
From: St
Date: 1 Aug 2008 00:21:07
Message: <48928f33$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:488f5e8b@news.povray.org...
>>
>>   Well, true. But there is always the lucky shot, (and I think this is
>> the case in the actual book. The chap in front is supposed to be a true
>> newbie with firearms, but get's lucky in the fog).
>>

> This has implications for the pose of the chap in front, Steve  :-)
> If he is a newbie, his pose should reflect something of unease,
> nervousness, or awkwardness. In the present scene, he looks very cool and
> master of himself. It may not be very easy to achieve, however.

<snip>

> Do you see what I mean: Your image shows different time frames condensed
> into the same moment!  ;-)   This is not a problem, but it is an
> interesting notion...

    WOW! I'm being spoiled! :o) What a great (and correct) way of looking at
the scene Thomas! I have to say that I never even considered any of these
suggestions. All I was aiming for, ;) was an easily recognisable stance with
the dueling men, but yes, I can see you're right on the button with your
suggestions, Thomas. Thanks.

    I won't be working on this just yet, but the goal is to get a nice print
of the image. :)

      ~Steve~